Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dom Kennedy & Action Bronson = M.I.F.W. (music I fux wit)

I been seeing Dom Kennedy and Action Bronson doin they respective things on the net. I think they both represent the same type of resurgence in lyricism and creativity that is present in Hip Hop right now.
Dom Kennedy is so fuckin cool on the mic. His style is like Tribe Called Quest growing up in Los Angeles (if that makes any sense). He has a every-man sound in his voice that reminds me of 90's era Hip Hop. Dom Kennedy's video "Locals Only" off his mixtape "...From The Westside With Love" is understated cool at it's finest...


Action Bronson is a fuckin maniac on the microphone! The elephant in the room is his uncanny resemblance with a certain Staten Island emcee. I would like to see what Ghost thinks of Action Bronsonelli? His video "Shiraz" shows a rapper who wants people to know who he is. He is open, affable and off this video alone, I fux wit dude.


Viva Los Treps!!!

No comments: