Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Je t'aime...moi non plus



Kevin put me on to Serge Gainsbourg.

Serge was so over the top...told Whitney he wanted to pop on live television (albeit a bit inebriated)...jane birkin to bridget bardot...famously recorded himself making love to a very famous married actress...took a foray into Reggae that ended with him making enemies of Bob Marley...all the while being one of the least aesthetically pleasing "macks" of all time! :)


I drew a pic of Serge in '06. Recently I was visiting some of my fave blogs and ran across http://drawserge.blogspot.com/, an illustrative tribute to the late, great Gainsbourg curated by Jonathan Edwards. I sent the pic to Jonathan and he most graciously posted my pic along with a short blurb. I was happy to see the blue ink Serge among the other artist submissions, proud even...

On Monday I found an email from Mr. Edwards regarding the pic I submitted...the pic was published in a Brazillian Magazine!



Viva Los Treps!!!
(a gift for anyone who can translate into English)

No comments: